A college research paper is a standard paper for students across the globe. Unfortunately, college research papers cause sleepless nights and jitters for students. Often, this stress is caused by poor time management skills and a poor understanding of the college research paper by students.
If you find writing a college research paper a challenging task, this guide should come in handy. Here, we will analyze the college research paper format, tips for writing, and some college paper ideas to inspire your topic selection.
How to Format a College Research Paper
Like other academic papers, a college research paper is divided into the introduction, the body, the conclusion, and the works cited section. In some instances, an abstract may precede the introduction and the body divided into results and discussion sections.
Some key considerations for a college research paper format are:
- The title should be precise and contain the major keyword of your paper. This title should communicate the purpose of your paper to help readers gauge the relevance of your work to their study. For instance, the title ‘a study on natural alternatives of fuel sources’ is better phrased than ‘study of fuel alternatives.
- The Abstract defines the relevance of your paper and your research methodology. This section also gives your reader an overview of your conclusions, allowing them to determine the main idea encapsulated by your work.
- The introduction covers the main ideas of your paper and introduces your argument. This section should highlight why your research is relevant to help readers view the paper in light of existing research and properly gauge the consequences of your conclusions.
- Methods and results include charts and figures that help your reader derive various conclusions regarding your claims. Ideally, each chart should be properly named and summarized with your deductions.
- The discussion shows the implications of your result and how the findings impact existing work in your field. This section should cover major points supporting your thesis and the controversial ideas in existing papers. Be keen to back your claims with relevant supporting material to avoid the likelihood of your paper being ranked as speculation.
- The conclusion covers the main argument of your paper and restates your thesis. You may also cover suggestions to improve subsequent research on your paper and suggest ways to apply your research in various fields.
- Works cited – like all academic papers, college research papers should have a reference list of all sources used to structure your argument. Be keen to follow the recommended referencing style and include citations for all intext references.
How to Write a College Research Paper
Having familiarized ourselves with the college research paper outline, we should now analyze the process of writing a college paper. While most students get into doing the paper, there are many steps to help you ensure a smooth time and prepare a quality paper.
Some of these steps include:
- Read the instructions and prepare points on the requirements provided by your tutor. This summary will help you quickly gauge the quality of your paper in light of the instructions and prevent confusion.
- Select a specific topic within the confines of the assigned topic. This helps you prepare quality work and prevents the likelihood of losing track of your argument.
- After research, create an outline to keep track of your argument and achieve a flow of ideas in your paper.
- Chunk your work into sections and plan your time while assigning deadlines to complete each part.
Research Paper Ideas for College
- How to make your small business grow in popularity
- How do politics and religion affect the development of a country?
- Approaches to help students manage social anxiety
- Solutions to curb bullying in high school
- How to ensure better education standards in developing countries
Writing a college research paper does not have to trigger a series of headaches. These tips should be handy to help you prepare quality papers deserving an outstanding score. You may also consider checking the college research paper rubrics to understand better your paper’s requirements. If you are looking to buy a research paper for college, consider engaging us for guidance on various types of assignment.